Monday, July 20, 2009

THE BURNING LEGION SUPER TASTY ULTIMATE COOKIES

So, some of you have tried my amazing meatloaf recipe and said, "Sargeras! Your meatloaf recipe is amazing, but I need more! I just can't be happy until I have another recipe from the Kitchen of the Twisting Nether!"

Well, far be it from me to make any of my readers unhappy.

Today I will explain how to make extremely delicious cookies without the annoyance of baking. These are called "no-bake cookies" and it works even if you're not made out of fire! First, you will need some stuff.

HERE IS SOME STUFF YOU WILL NEED
sugar
unsweetened cocoa powder
milk
butter
vanilla extract
salt
peanut butter
quick cooking oats
saucepan
wax paper

(If you don't have any of these things, you will have to make a voyage to the world outside and purchase them at a store. WoW gold is not generally accepted, so make sure you use dollars or euros or whatever. If you don't know what any of these items are, just Google 'em!)

You have your stuff...now what? Well here is what you do!

Step one. Combine 2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 cup butter in the saucepan. (Sorry, metric system users, you will just have to do a little extra Googling.)

Step two. Put the saucepan on one of the burners on the stove (these would be the little round things that get hot). Turn the stove up to medium heat (get an adult or a non-gamer to help with this part if needed!) and put the saucepan on it. Leave it there until its contents boil (lots of little bubbles).

Step three. Remove the saucepan from the heat (and turn off the heat!) and then stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 cups of oats, and a pinch of salt.

Step four. Drop the goo in large spoonfuls (however big you want the cookies to be) onto wax paper, and let them cool for about an hour (though you can eat them hot if you're daring.)

Step five. There is no step five because YOU ARE ALREADY DONE!! If they look like little dark brown misshapen lumps that do not greatly resemble normal cookies, congratulations! That means you did it right.

Anyone want to try this and let me know how it goes?

Do I need to rename my blog "Cooking With Sargeras"?!

27 comments:

Anthony Clarke said...

I would love it if this were cooking with sargeras, if for no other reason than to see you in a chef hat, m'lud.

Anthony Clarke said...

Because I could, I mocked up a crude logo for it. It's just really your picture, a chef's hat, and a slogan.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/julius_friday/Cookingwithsargeras.jpg

If you wish to look.

Sargeras said...

Haha...nice.

Chef Daikorg said...

I have something that might be right up the Lord of the Burning Legion's alley: dark chocolate truffles made with habanero-infused cream. >:D

Nyaz said...

Reading the part about the cups made me think up a list. Lists are fun, kids! And today, we're bashing on others!

I shall call it...
Three points where Sweden is better than the US!...list.

1. The metric system is better than the... system in the US... which is called... something that I'm too lazy to google on. Damn it! Anyway, it's better. That's just the way it is! Trust me!

2. Celsius is better than Fahrenheit. I checked this up on Wikipedia, but I'm too lazy to understand why the degrees are like they are in the Fahrenheit scale. It just seems messed up to me. Celsius makes a lot more sense. 0 degrees = water freezes. 100 degrees = water boils. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED.

3. PAL is better than NTSC. A joke is that NTSC stands for "Never The Same Color".
Of course, most stuff today is going digital so this won't matter that terribly much. But still! Ha-ha!

What was my point with this? I'm not sure. I just felt like pointing out that Sweden is better at something. Yay.

Sargeras said...

@ Nyaz: Methinks #2 is a subset of #1. But yes, the Metric System is much better than U.S. Customary.

Guy who suggested more recipies (Tom) said...

Woot! Thanks Mighty One!

I shall try this recipe tonight and let you know how it goes!

Oh.. and Cooking with Sargeras gets my vote! you already have a logo provided to you by Anthony! :D

Nyaz said...

@Sargeras: Hmm, I suppose they are quite alike. Perhaps I will call it "Two-and-a-half points where Sweden is better than the US!...list" then.

Anonymous said...

I have been making these cookies since I was a teenager, and they are AWESOME! I highly recommend them to anyone. In fact, I started getting stuff out to make them THIS VERY MORNING, but we were out of vanilla extract. Wonder if I can find a good substitute...

Anthony Clarke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony Clarke said...

@GWSMR(T)

thanks. I was just a bit bored and did it for shiz & giggles. :D

Anthony Clarke said...

Oh, and thanks to sarge too, of course (urgh, double post)

Eyra said...

I don't like peanut butter so I can't try it...
Unless..you can't actually -taste- the peanut butter?! *kitty cat eyes*

Nyaz said...

@Eyra: Maybe you could ask Sargeras to smash the taste. I mean if he can destroy planets he can surely destroy tastes!

Sargeras said...

@ Eyra: You can definitely taste the peanut butter. Sorry...that is just what happens when you put peanut butter in something!! ;_;

Eyra said...

@Nyaz: Well, if the taste of the peanut butter isn't -that- noticable.... Or, any alternatives to it?! I wouldn't want to bother Sargeras with a silly task like "smash the taste of peanut butter for me please?"...

Eyra said...

...Posted a second too soon, darn...Okay..*sniffles and goes away*

Sargeras said...

@ Tom: Good luck! Hope you survive!!

Inka said...

I've been making cookies a lot like this since I was a kid. They don't have peanut butter, but coconut instead. We call them Gobbles, probably because they don't last long after they're made :-D

Guy who suggested more recipies (Tom) said...

Made the BLSTUC'S last night! What an Earth shattering experience!!! (cwutididthere?)

No words to describe how good they were!! And best of all NO BAKING!

Eyra said...

@ Inka: Oooh I like coconut! *steals the idea* I will try that when I get home tonight :)

Sargeras said...

@ Tom: Awesome :-D :-D

@ Eyra: Let me know how it goes!

Jeza said...

@Nyaz: If you really want to get into it Fahrenheit's span between water freezing and boiling is almost 200 digits, twice as much as Celsius'! It's a silly argument really because both measure the same thing and report it accurately. You use 1/10 of a cm to go into fine points of it, the US system uses 1/16th, which would seem unwieldy perhaps to you but not to someone who's grown up with it. If anything I'd say the US should adopt the metric system just so we don't have two scales next to each other all the time on every measurement tool.

Inka said...

@ Eyra: Yay, I did something useful! I hope they turn out well...post how you like them!

Anonymous said...

I had to try these tonight, and they turned out quite tasty, as did the meatloaf!

However, they looked remarkably LIKE the meatloaf!! Was this just a coincidence....or do ALL of your recipes end up as brown, lumpy globs??

Sargeras said...

@ Anonymous: Just like all the planets I visit!

Anonymous said...

What if... -cue stormclouds-

...I'm allergic to peanut butter? D: Is there any non-peanut butter substitute or can it be made without peanut butter?

Post a Comment